Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Draped in Junk!

 HELLO! Its been a while! Volo's Boudoir/ EXV has been EXTREMELY BUSY! But that is a wonderful thing! Blessings are pouring out from the heavens, and we count you, the Volonian as one of them!
The one task that Volo has been MAD busy with? Getting DRAPED IN JUNK! Oodles of pearls, glistening sparkling charms, customized to your life, your liking, your personality! Your Junk! While every one finds inspiration in many different places and all things. At least, that's what I think. It is what I know to be true. One thing that I have always had a "thing" for is JUNK! NO.. I'm not on any hoarders type missions or anything, but junk in the way of just, all this good stuff, piled up on top of each other... making one good heap of a thing. Then I started to look around my work space, I had a lot of that going on!
 I found inspiration was in a veteran in the fashion world. Funky, innovative and out of box with her designs, Betsy Johnson is the style maven that set my wheels into motion! If you are familiar with Betsy you know, she is notorious for having the best charm bracelets/necklaces and earrings. Rhinestone encrusted pigs with wings, cows with pink crowns, skulls with pearls for eyes! All very different, unique.
 While her charmed items are very quirky and fun, they where also expensive. I'm a frugal girl so I set out on a challenge to see if I could in some way make something just as awesome. Maybe with a few more charms and accents, and possibly have it more affordable for my customers and fan base.
Volo's Boudoir/ EXV is sold at a local boutique here in STL,Boutique Pink. Myself and Owner/ Designer Roshay Griffin, an avid BJ supporter, put our heads together and came up with some of the first models of the Jewelrie Junkie necklace and earring sets. Once Volonians saw, they desired a chunky with their own spin to it! Reflecting themselves and what they loved. These necklaces are sold exclusively there as well as by custom order with myself here at Volo/EXV!.. I think I figured something out... but I'm no judge, you tell me!
Collage of various "Junkies" that have been made and sold!

This is one "Junkie" is a custom order for a real jewelry queen!

Collage of various "Junkies" that have been made and sold!


This "junkie" belongs to an avid Volonian, Melissa! While she wanted hunk of "junk", just small pieces of junk! Your wish is my comand!

Close up of the very first "Junkie" Sold at Boutique Pink. She was called "NATTY'S DAY OUT"

"Natty's Day out"



Custom silver "JUNKIE"

Close up of Bronze metal necklace, still junkie and its ABOUT TIME!

Bronze metal necklace

Volo in silver junkie- which later was sold- right off her neck!
Lets work together!
Volo in custom gold "junkie"

Classic black and white themed "junkie" bracelet

Each necklace and bracelet comes with mitch match post earrings, such as shown above. Ruby red rhinestone lips and a curt yellow rhinestone bow, where the pair for this beaut!

Donielle Washington- Owner of Chameleon Fab Boutique wearing her custom "Junkie". She has declared it is part of her boutique work uniform- what an HONOR!

Bartender, club themed junkie for a loyal and beautiful Volonian, Asher de!

No comments:

Post a Comment