Sunday, February 26, 2012

"Love Thy Neighbor..."

Happy Sunday! One of the commandments that thankfully, I am able to keep! My neighbor is awesome. PERIOD.She comes faithfully every day gets my dog, Versace,  makes sure he is well taken care of and fed and played with and loved. Looks out for me when she knows I am getting off work late and keeps me upt to date with neighborhood as well as world events. In Spring, she cuts roses from her bushes and places then in water on the kitchen counter for me. A delight to see when I come home! In summer, she sits out front with her 2 german shephards and Versace, and has a fresh bucket o' margarita for me, after a long days' work. She is old enough to remember every person in the neighborhood, and young enough to understand hair weave, today's fashion and how life is now.
    When she comes to get the pup each day, she can't help but to see all the jewelry laid out on my dining room table and strewn on the couch. We've often talked about thrifting and i have alwys expressed my love of things old and new. Luckily, she has turned in her heels for comfort and sweats and one evening after a few Manhattans, (her favorite drink) and gave me all her old costume jewelry from the 60's,70's, and 80's. You already know, I was smiling so hard my face hurt all night! Below, you will find some of the jewelry that she gave me. I thank God He has given me a wonderful neighbor, and a friend. Making it so easy to LOVE THY NEIGHBOR!

Double chain rose and chain tassel necklace

Close up of the rose and tassel

Rhinestone encrusted Rose and double circle pendants


Vintage pearls- 2 sets

Don't see clasps like that much any more!

4 way and metal tab necklace

Mixed stones necklace- long
Bamboo, chain and mixed bead necklace- long

No comments:

Post a Comment