Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bold, BANGIN' Bangles: Wrist Candy!- Spring/Summer fashion 2012

SOOOOO... i guess what people say is right. In all things bad, something good must come out of it! Today, while sitting in the waiting room at the dentists office, I began to surf through the millions of magazines that they had set out in the normal "fan" array. To my delight, they had Essence, People, InTouch, and a few others. And while I sat there, in sheer and utter pain, I had no choice but to smile at the predicted spring and summer 2012 trend that is creeping up on us! Bangles, arm candy, wrist bling- all of the above!
       Sure, while some like to go with less, but if you're asking me? Pile 'em on, stack them deep! stack them tall! The more the bracelets the better life is. Choosing different textures, colors and sizes, and hap-hazardly placing them on the wrist, can easily take a simple top or sweater/ dress and turn it into something so cute, and unique. Now, some days yes, its harder for me to put my coat on cause of the multitude and change in the sizes,shapes and textures seem to get in the way,but - in my opinion that only proves I've done something right that day!
       In the midst of making mental notes of all the awesome trends i was able to spy in the magazines, the receptionist called me back, so I could being my appointment, and GET OUT OF PAIN FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL- HOPEFULLY! As soon as i took off my jacket, she exclaimed, " OH! I remember you! You had on an arm full of bangles the last time you where here!!!" I smiled through the pain, and muttered, " Yeah, thanks They're my staple... where's the novacaine?" It's not what you wear, it's how you wear it- and if its YOU! I just know.. you're wearing it well! 


Be sure to visit www.iamvolo.com to view all the new arrivals of stackable bangles to add to your boudoir!

summer and having fun!

at the jazz loft in stl, a night club... and there to have fun with my dear sissy paula for her bday! olive green is and has been a fav color of mine since i was a small child

on lunch at work, chillin in the car- magic was jamming and so was i! in my bangles!

at cheesecake factory on a nice afternoon! the ensemble was a cut off top that read "love in the city" in sequins*love sequins* and i matched it with a sequin vest and some denim trouser shorts from my fav- kmart !and heels. fun and comfortable!

chocolate truffles which are displayed proudly on facebeook! handmade by myself!

after work, grabbing some chiness before heading home! being goofy and snapped a pic of me and my staple!

casual dinner date! simple top- but i added some mixed metal feather earrings & bangles with mixed metals and some gray to help add a lil something extra!

In route to see lil' jilly from philly and anthony hamilton this past end of summer with some gal pals!*
        
The inspiration for my bangles was the beading on the shoulders of my top. Though all my bangles where not beaded, some where sequined. I just used the colors. *Love the yellow nails!*

Again here, i just used the colors that where in the shirt- as always- TEAM VOLO!

No comments:

Post a Comment