Saturday, February 4, 2012

A passionate past time! Thrifting!
              Since I was a small child, my parents both, made going to the Goodwill, Salvation Army, Veteran Village, etc. a coveted trip. Now, since I am grown, I see more and more "glorified" vintage shops. It's a wonderful thing! To have the masses embrace the threads of another time to breathe new life into them and rock them once more!
             This past Wednesday, I was able to score a day off from work, and go thrifting for a bit. I was in heaven at Value Village. I read some of the reviews on Google and the four that I read said that this thrift store was "high". I had to be the judge of that. The quality? Awesome! My fellow patrons? Elderly and hilarious! It's always fun to shop with a mature crowd. I over herad one lady saying to her gray haired gal pal, " Look! they've got Tommy Hilfiger jeans...mmm these never go out of style!" I peaked through the clothes on the rack, and saw that they where holding up "The Tommys" that had the white Tommy signature down the side of the leg and the big red and white patch on the back pocket. Again, they say the darndest things!The prices?: EXCEPTIONAL. Orange tickets where 50% off, while Yellow tickets where 75% off! Take a look at the deals that I nabbed!This is the location that I visisted.

                                        Value Village Thrift Department

                                   770 N Us Highway 67 -(314) 961-6935
                                    Florissant, MO 63031, 63031 
   * this used to be an Aldi at one time as well for old school North County residents.*

                                                                                                                            -volo



                          

 Mohave

"Mohave" print skirt.Fits on me snug, & almost in a pencil style! Slit in back. Elastic waist for comfort!

"Mohave" print skirt
My ring. Necklace courtesy of my neighbor. Circa 1970's.

Think this will look good with the "MOHAVE" skirt?

 Susan


The never ending print in this dress!Love it!
Full view of the dress, I call it "Susan"

Susan has pockets!
Neiman Marcus! And a size 10? A dream!
Love the shoulder pads and tuck pleats at the shoulders




Geishlan

75% off? I got Geishlan for $0.99!

Full view of Geishlan- Stops right under the knee on me.
Simple button front, and the material stretches to fit so comfortably.

Tafghan Belt
A belt I found that I just couldnt pass up!


 Judy


I knew when i saw this dress it was old school. Dont think that JcPenney even has their name on the clothing labels any longer!

Stretch in the bodice area, for comfortable fit! Material is stretchy but keeps shape.
New school! VOLO/EXV bracelets "Lekie" used double stack!
Volo/ Exv earrings and ring.
Judy dress in full view! Balloon sleeves with elastic at the end. Flat pleats in chest area, and a key hole tie.





 


1 comment:

  1. Ok Dawnie..this stuff I so cute...I get overwhelmed when I go thrifting...to much to look at and match..I sem to always be mesmorized by the "Tommy Jeans". And things of that sort..lol

    ReplyDelete